The History of... Costume in Craven
Family event from Craven Museum
Fri 12th August 2022 11:00am
Let us take you on a journey back in time to look at costume through the ages in Craven!
We’ll be giving a short talk on the history of clothing with the chance to get up close to some of the costume from Craven Museum’s collection. There will be the chance to have a go at embroidery and fan making. Younger visitors will also have the chance to dress up in some clothing based on local costume!
The session will last for around 1hour 30mins and is pay as you feel. Places are limited so make sure to book
◼ School Summer Holidays
This summer Skipton Town Hall have family friendly events to keep you entertained every day through the school holidays, and many of them are free!
- Mondays – Young people aged 10-18yrs can join Art Club and try out different art and craft techniques.
- Tuesdays & Saturdays – Get up close with items from the Craven Museum collection at FREE object handling sessions.
- Wednesdays – Get crafty at the ever-popular Craven Museum Make & Take FREE family craft workshops.
- Thursdays – Look out for special events special event such as a silent rave, theatre shows, films and more.
- Fridays – Join the Young Archaeologist Club or a ‘The History of…’ museum workshop.
- EVERY DAY – FREE entry to Craven Museum & Gallery with fun interactive activities.
Art Club: Polymer Clay Jewellery and Gift Box Workshop
Craven Museum Make & Take: Terrific Treasure!
Young Archaeologists' Club: Launch Event
Art Club: Pom Pom Festival Headwear
Visualising Elbolton Cave - a VR Experience
Craven Museum Make & Take: Creepy Crawly Crafts!