Early Years Explorers: Archaeology Dig
Wed 13th March 2024 10:00am
This month grab your gloves, spade and magnifying glass, as we go on an archaeology dig!
We have designed these play sessions to engage our young learners in hands-on activities that will ignite their imaginations and deepen their understanding of the world around them.
Through these explorative play sessions, we aim to foster a sense of wonder and appreciation for our rich cultural heritage. By engaging in hands-on activities, our little ones will develop a deeper understanding of different cultures, traditions, and artistic expressions from around the world.
This Early Years Explorers will start with a short story-time session at about 10.05am, introducing the archaeology theme with a real museum artefact from hundreds of years ago! After the story, children can channel their inner-archaeologist by getting hands-on at our activity tables.
Suitable for children 5 and under
Information for Families
Our friendly staff want to make your visit as enjoyable as possible – Just ask if you need anything.
This is how we try to make Skipton Town Hall accessible for all families –
- We are a Breastfeeding Friendly Venue
- Baby changing facilities in the women’s toilets in the main foyer
- All gender baby changing facilities in the toilets by the stage door (please ask)
- All areas of the building are accessible with a pushchair
- We have plenty of space to park your pushchair
- Free family friendly museum & gallery with lots of fun interactive elements
- Free family museum trails
- Family events & activities programme – some events are free entry
- Children under 2yrs can attend our ticketed events for free if they are sat on a lap.
- Sensory toys available (please ask)
- Relaxed museum sessions and performances
- Pocket money toys available in our shop
We always welcome your feedback to help improve family visits. Ask for a feedback card and let us know what you think!