Dark Skies Festival: WonderDome Planetarium Experience
We Are Aliens! & Forward to the Moon
Thu 15th February 2024 10:00am - 3:30pm
Immerse yourself in the mysteries of the universe this half term holiday as we celebrate the Yorkshire Dales National Park Dark Skies Festival with a visit from WonderDome planetarium.
Enter an inflatable planetarium dome to enjoy a captivating 360 degrees film screening. There are two shows to choose between – or if you are a super space fan why not come to both!
We Are Aliens! (All Ages)
We Are Aliens! Allows families, adults and children the opportunity to explore the important questions in the Universe. Are there other civilisations out there? Will we one day connect with them? Or is it just us? In other words, are we alone? Narrated by Rupert Grint (Ron Weasley, Harry Potter)
Forward to the Moon (Most suitable for Age 7+)
Forward! to the Moon takes you on a journey with the Artemis missions, the next step in our exploration of the cosmos, as NASA plans to land the first woman, and first person of colour on the Moon in the next decade. Narrated by Kari Byron (Mythbusters).
The show will be hosted by Ben, an experienced WonderDome presenter. Ben has a degree in Observational Astronomy and loves answering your questions!
Following the screening, there will be a chance to unleash your creativity with some space-themed crafts in the Education Room.
Sessions start times (Please arrive 10 minutes before your session starts) –
– 10.00 – We Are Aliens!
– 10.40 – Forward to the Moon
– 11.20 – We Are Aliens!
– 12.00 – Forward to the Moon
– 13.30 – We Are Aliens!
– 14.10 – Forward to the Moon
– 14.50 – We Are Aliens!
– 15.30 – Forward to the Moon
ALL SESSIONS ARE NOW SOLD OUT
Access into the WonderDome for wheelchair users is simple – we lift the side and the user wheels in. No tunnel to negotiate.
WonderDome is a fully immersive and sensory experience which all can enjoy. Wonderdome have a National Autistic Society award.
30 mins per planetarium session plus drop-in craft activities available after your planetarium visit.
We will be celebrating the Yorkshire Dales & North York Moors Dark Skies Festival this February Half Term holiday!
The festival is a celebration of dark skies around National Parks and Areas of Outstanding Natural Beauty and is a great opportunity to explore the wonders of the night sky. We will have a range of engaging of school holiday events for you to enjoy.
Information for Families
Our friendly staff want to make your visit as enjoyable as possible – Just ask if you need anything.
This is how we try to make Skipton Town Hall accessible for all families –
- We are a Breastfeeding Friendly Venue
- Baby changing facilities in the women’s toilets in the main foyer
- All gender baby changing facilities in the toilets by the stage door (please ask)
- All areas of the building are accessible with a pushchair
- We have plenty of space to park your pushchair
- Free family friendly museum & gallery with lots of fun interactive elements
- Free family museum trails
- Family events & activities programme – some events are free entry
- Children under 2yrs can attend our ticketed events for free if they are sat on a lap.
- Sensory toys available (please ask)
- Relaxed museum sessions and performances
- Pocket money toys available in our shop
We always welcome your feedback to help improve family visits. Ask for a feedback card and let us know what you think!